• At the time of booking, a deposit of £250 is required. This amount will be deducted from the total
hire charge. In the event of cancellation this deposit is non-refundable.
• A booking confirmation and invoice will be sent to the hirer reflecting balances paid and balances
• The insurance security deposit must be paid by the hire date.
• The Company reserves the right to rent the motorhome described on the website, via phone or
viewed in person, or any substitute motorhome subject to all of the terms and conditions of this
• All funds must be cleared before the time of hire, otherwise could result in loss of deposit and
cancellation of hire.
• Please note there is a 2% surcharge on credit card transactions.
• Included in the price of hire is full comprehensive insurance, covering the motorhome and its
equipment only. Equipment excludes generators, child seats, bike rack and any other optional
• The insurance is only valid for the period of hire. The period of hire is from the collection date and
time to the specified return date and time. Any late return or driving by non-named drivers would
invalidate the insurance and constitute a traffic offence under the Road Traffic Act in which the
driver may be liable to prosecution. The hirer and any driver will also be personally liable for any
damage to the motorhome, any personal injuries, third party property damage, third party injuries
and other related liabilities after the insurance expiry date and time.
• It is the driver’s responsibility to provide full information on any driving convictions or health
restrictions. Please note there may be insurance surcharges dependant on any of the above being
applicable. Please also note that the insurance policy will be invalidated if the hirer or any driver
misrepresents or withholds driving conviction or health restriction information. Should an insurance
policy become invalidated for any reason, ScotMotorhome Hire (also referred to as “the Company”
in this agreement) will hold the hirer responsible for all fines, losses, damages and other costs.
• An insurance security deposit of £750 must be paid by the motorhome collection date. This deposit
is held against any and all damage to the motorhome.
• The Hirer shall be responsible for any and all of the Company’s uninsured losses, which may arise
as a result of the hire.
• The insurance security deposit will be returned to the hirer within a week after the end of the hire
period providing that hirer(s) return the motorhome under the following conditions:
• With all tyres, tools, accessories and equipment in the same condition as when received,
• Returned to the place and on the date and time specified, or sooner if demanded by The Company
• Returned having used motorhome in a reasonable manner. (See Motorhome Use.)
• All cancellations must be submitted in writing. It is strongly advised that hirers take out their own
insurance against any unavoidable cancellation.
• The following fees apply in the event of cancellation prior to the hire date.
o More than six weeks before start of hire – loss of deposit
o Four – six weeks before start of hire – 20% of total hire charge
o Two – four weeks before start of hire – 50% of total hire charge
o Two weeks or less – 100% of total hire charge
• Must have held a full licence for a minimum of 3 years.
• Must be between the ages of 25 and 70.
• All drivers must be present at time of collection and produce a photo driving licence. In the case of
a UK paper licence, both the card and the counterpart paper licence must be produced and
photographic identification in the form of a passport must be provided.
• Visitors from abroad must produce a valid unendorsed domestic driving licence or international
driving licence as well as a passport.
• In addition to the driver’s licence requirements, one other form of identity, such as a utility bill or a
bank building society statement dated within the last three months, is required.
• Licence offences must meet the driver eligibility requirements of the insurance company.
• Only named drivers that have met the insurance company eligibility requirements are permitted to
drive the motorhome.
• The hirer/named driver shall be liable for all costs and expenses incurred for speeding, parking
fines, congestion charges. This includes any other offences committed against the Road Traffic Act or
traffic regulations and indemnifies the Company from any liability.
5. FUEL, GAS AND DAILY MOTORHOME MAINTENANCE
• Fuel is at your expense. The motorhome will be provided with a full tank of fuel when it is
collected. The motorhome must be returned with a full tank of fuel. If the motorhome is not
returned with a full tank of fuel, a charge for the amount in pounds (£) required to bring the tank to
full will be made to the hirer, with a surcharge of £25 above the cost of refuelling.
• A full gas cylinder will be supplied with the motorhome. If gas needs replenished during hire
period, the hirer is responsible for the cost of buying any further bottles.
• The responsibility of checking oil/water levels on a daily basis in the engine and other necessary
motorhome components, such as checking tyre pressure, are the responsibility of the hirer while on
• Full cost in repairing damage to the engine will be charged to the hirer should the incorrect fuel be
used to fill the fuel tank.
6. BREAKDOWNS AND ACCIDENTS
• Seatbelts must be worn by all passengers. This is the hirer’s responsibility.
• The Company will not be responsible for any third party damages or claims in connection with or
as a consequence to any accident or breakdown.
• Should a breakdown or accident occur, The Company will not be held responsible for any hotel,
replacement vehicle or consequential expenses connected to breakdowns or accidents.
• Great effort is made to ensure the hire motorhome is in a roadworthy and safe condition before
hire commencement. The Company shall not be liable for any consequences arising from any defects
or mechanical failure of the motorhome although all reasonable precautions have been taken to
prevent such happenings.
6a- BREAKDOWNS – Specifics
• 24hr breakdown coverage under the RAC is provided. The RAC phone number is located on the
• The hirer may authorise repairs and replacements up to £50 and will be reimbursed on supply of a
• The hirer must obtain permission from The Company for repair and replacement costs above £50.
7. ACCIDENT – Specifics
Should the motorhome be involved in an accident, however small, the full details must be filled out
on an Accident Report form
• A diagram should be drawn. There is space on the back of the Accident Report for a diagram to be
• Hirer participates as an insured under a comprehensive motorhome insurance policy. Hirer agrees
further to protect the interest of ScotMotorhome Hire and the insurance company in the event of
accident during the hire term by:
1. Notifying the police immediately if there is property damage, if people are injured and in order to
determine fault for insurance purposes.
2. Not admitting guilt or liability.
3. Obtain names and address of parties involved and witnesses.
4. Not abandoning the motorhome without adequate provisions for safely guarding and securing
5. Notifying ScotMotorhome Hire immediately, of any loss or damage occurring to motorhome, and
of any fault. Please indicate if the motorhome is not roadworthy or is liable to cause danger to any
person or property.
• The motorhome should not be used until damage has been repaired, corrected and fault
Unfortunately we do not accept pets in any of our vehicle. We offer our motorhomes allergen free. A
Valet fee of £150 will be applied to the security deposit should any animal hair or other traces of any
animal be found in the vehicle.
Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the Motorhome, even with the windows open. Any infringement
of this rule will incur a minimum charge of £300.
10. MOTORHOME USE
The Motorhome shall not be used:
1. For hires for reward.
2. Knowingly for any illegal purpose.
3. To propel or tow any other motorhome or trailer.
4. For racing, pace making, reliability trials, speed testing or driver tuition.
5. To carry a greater number of passengers and/or more baggage than recommended by the
6. By any person who has given a fictitious or false name.
7. By any person other than the hirer who signed the rental agreement or who have been named as
a driver and approved by ScotMotorhome Hire, or by a motor motorhome repairer in the event of
an accident or breakdown.
8. By any person who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
9. For travel to rock festivals or unauthorised sports events.
10. On any unsealed roads or unauthorised roads, in forbidden or restricted areas or on beaches or
in salt water.
11. Outside Scotland, England or Wales unless you have declared this and paid any relevant
Motorhome Keys and Control
1. The hirer is required to keep the motorhome under their control throughout the hire period.
2. The motorhome must be locked at all times when unattended.
3. The keys for the motorhome must be kept safe at all times. All costs to replace keys will be the
responsibility of the hirer. Duplication of motorhome keys is expressly prohibited.
11. COLLECTION AND RETURN
1. The collection of the motorhome must be made between 2pm and 5pm. The motorhome must be
returned between 8am and 11am on agreed hire return date. Motorhomes will not be available for
collection or return at any other time. Failure to comply with the return time will result in the hirer
being surcharged at the rate of £50 per hour, or any part thereof, for the first 3 hours and the
balance of the deposit thereafter, together with any additional costs incurred by The Company.
Please note we are closed on a Sunday for vehicle hire.
2. There is no refund for early return.
3. The hirer acknowledges delivery of the motorhome and the contents free from any defect or
damage and complete other than as specified by the Company. The hirer is advised to check the
motorhome thoroughly before leaving the Company’s premises. Upon return the condition of the
motorhome will be checked for damage, cleanliness, fuel levels, tyres, any hired options, conditions
that affect the security insurance deposit and other general conditions.
4-The security deposit will be returned to you within a week after the end of the hire period
provided the motorhome is returned to us in a satisfactory condition and at the location and date
and time agreed. Satisfactory condition includes clean, undamaged, with all tools, accessories and
equipment in the same condition as when collected and having being operated in a reasonable
manner (see ‘Motorhome Use’).
Cleaning charges which may be deducted from the security deposit include* Fridge / Freezer not
* Shower / Toilet Compartment not clean £50
* Toilet cassette not emptied and cleaned £50
• Cooker hob and grill not clean – £50
• BBQ not cleaned – £15
• Smoking in the motorhome – see 9
• Microwave damage – £100
• LCD TV damage – £200
• Punctured tyre – £50
• Damage of tyres – price of a new tyre, refit and any other associated costs
• Windscreen damage – cost of replacement
• Returning the motorhome later than the specified time – see 11
• The motorhome must be returned with a full tank of fuel – charges apply otherwise – see 5.
• A mileage alloance of 150 miles per day, over that total is charged at 25p per mile.
• The hirer is liable for all overhead damage to the vehicle resulting from any accident. The
maximum height and length of the motorhome is clearly stated.
• All incidents related to tyres including punctures are the hirer’s responsibility.
• Responsibility for damage to the load in the van while the van is out on hire lies with the
• Personal possessions are not covered. The Company shall not be liable for loss or damage to any
property left, stored or transported by hirer or any other person in motorhome either before or
after the return to ScotMotorhome Hire. Hirer hereby agrees to hold The Company harmless from
and indemnify ScotMotorhome Hire against all claims based upon or arising out of such loss of
damage. Hirers are strongly advised to take out holiday insurance.
In the event that charges, including damage repair and replacement, exceed the level of security
deposit paid, you will be charged any additional sum to cover this excess and that sum will be due
immediately at the end of the hire.
12. WEATHER CONDITIONS
ScotMotorhome Hire cannot be held responsible in the event of any damage or inconvenience
caused by inclement weather.
13. CUSTOMER VEHICLE(S) STORED AT OWN RISK
Parking is provided free to the hirer for the duration of the hire period at the vehicle owner’s risk.
All effort is made to insure that the reserved motorhome, or a suitable replacement, is available.
However, if circumstances beyond our control prevent The Company from honouring a reservation,
ScotMotorhome Hire will in no way be held responsible and all payments which have been made to
The Company will be refunded.
15. CHANGES IN TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We reserve the right to alter the rates and conditions at any time. We also reserve the right to
refuse or cancel hire to any person without warning or explanation. Additions to or alterations of the
terms of this agreement shall be null and void unless agreed upon in writing by all concerned parties.
16. ENDING THE AGREEMENT
We will end this agreement immediately and repossess the vehicle if we find out that your
belongings have been taken away from you to pay off your debts, or a receiving order has been
made against you. We will also end this agreement and repossess the vehicle if you do not meet any
of the conditions of this agreement or have obtained the vehicle through fraud or
misrepresentation, or the vehicle appears to be abandoned.
If you are a company, we will also end this agreement immediately and repossess the vehicle if you
go into liquidation or you call a meeting of creditors.
If we end this agreement it will not affect our right to receive any money we are owed under the
conditions of this agreement.
17. GOVERNING LAW
This Agreement is covered by the laws of Scotland. Any dispute may be settled in the courts of that